PROFESSIONAL DOG WALKER/PET CARER
NORTH SYDNEY, NORTHERN BEACHES NSW
Job Type: Commission
Pawsome Pet Services (www.pawsome.com.au) is Australia's boutique premium pet service provider. We genuinely love and care for our client's pets like family. We take the time to understand the needs of both clients and pets and offer outstanding customer service and care to ensure a safe and happy environment for their pets; giving them the exercise, love and companionship they require to live long, healthy and happy lives.
We are a small, professional team of Dog Walkers / Pet Carers located in Sydney. We are a growing business, therefore on the hunt for casual pack member to join our friendly team.
You will represent the Pawsome brand professionally whilst operating autonomously as well as with the team servicing North Sydney, Northshore and occassionally support the team in Inner Western Suburbs. You will have extensive animal handling and dog walking experience, enabling you to hit the ground running after spending a week onboarding with us ensuring you are equipped with the right level confidence that will empower you to work independently spreading the Pawsome Family love. Initially you'll be able to commit to approx 10 hours per week with a view to grow your hours with us as we develop business in this area.
- Passionate about and love dogs, cats and all pets big or small.
- Genuinely care about animal welfare.
- Enjoy work/life balance and being outdoors even during periods of unpredictable weather.
- Thrive for fitness and happily receive slobbery kisses whilst giving fuzzy tummy rubs.
- Don't mind looking a bit homeless after a fun day being jumped on and covered in paw prints and fuzz.
- Are self-motivated, exhibit excellent communication skills, an excellent time manager and a friendly individual with the patience of a saint and social pack leadership skills that even humans come running to you.
- Are adaptable, responsible, reliable, have initiative and have flexibility in being able to provide pet care services some weekends.
In detail you will:
- Provide group and individual dog walking services, this includes driving to pick up and drop off dogs. You will be interacting (play), exercising and socialising groups of no more than 4 dogs at a time, at various of dog friendly parks and beaches. Ensuring safe handling and care at all times.
- High level of communication with clients and staff.
- Facilitate and attend client consults.
- Attend home pet visits and perform duties as required for this service offering – dogs, cats to name a few.
- Have general basic dog obedience skills using positive reinforcement.
- Freely go the extra mile on occasions for our clients and their pet(s).
- Ensure all daily administrative duties around scheduling and CRM system is kept up-to-date.
- Participate in promotional activities and events as required.
- Administering basic first aid and animal medication.
- Have essential dog/cat grooming skills.
The successful applicant will have:
- 1+ years prior animal handling and dog walking experience.
- Have an education in or are currently studying in a recognised certification in Animal Studies, Dog Training, Veterinarian Health or related study.
- You will live in or be close to North Sydney or Northern Beaches as it is essential to be familiar with the area(s) you are servicing and reduce driving time.
- A valid NSW drivers' licence and access to a pet friendly vehicle
- Be setup with your own ABN and carry your own public liability insurance
- Provide us with an updated National Police Check certificate
- Only persons with unlimited rights to work in Australia need apply
A competitive commission rate is on offer and all members of our pack will be supplied with everything they need for a safe and happy work environment. If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and explain why you would be the Paw-fect candidate - don't forget to submit your Resume. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.