About the business and the role:
Pawsome Pet Services (www.pawsome.com.au
) is Sydney’s boutique premium pet service provider. We genuinely love and care for our client's pets like family. We take the time to understand the needs of both clients and pets and offer outstanding customer service and care to ensure a safe and happy environment for their pets; giving them the exercise, love and companionship they require to live long, healthy and happy lives.
We are a small, professional team of Dog Walkers / Pet Carers located in Sydney. We are a growing and successful business, therefore on the hunt for an experienced professional dog walker/pet carer to join our friendly team on a part-time basis servicing the Inner West area of Sydney.
Job tasks & responsibilities
You will represent the Pawsome brand professionally whilst operating autonomously as well as with the team.
You will have extensive animal handling and dog walking experience, enabling you to hit the ground running after spending a week onboarding with us to ensure you are equipped with the right level of confidence that will empower you to work independently spreading the Pawsome Family love. This is a part-time role, where you will need to be able to commit to a minimum of x2 hours either mornings or afternoons Tues-Thurs weekdays with interest and flexibility to grow your hours as our business demands or to cover staff leave.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and a caring individual with a genuine love for pets, especially dogs and cats - big or small.
- Genuinely care about animal welfare.
- Enjoy being outdoors even during periods of unpredictable weather.
- Thrive for fitness and happily receive slobbery kisses whilst giving fuzzy tummy rubs.
- Don't mind looking a bit homeless after a fun day being jumped on and covered in paw prints and fuzz.
- Are self-motivated, confident and exhibit excellent communication skills. An excellent time manager and a friendly individual with the patience of a saint and social pack leadership skills that even humans come running to you.
- Are adaptable and able to make quick decisions, show foresight and exhibt strong initiative and commonsense.
- You are reliable and responsible, patient and have a positive disposition.
- You enjoy driving and not be distracted by dog noises in the vehicle.
In detail you will:
- Provide group and individual dog walking services, this includes driving to pick up and drop off dogs. You will be interacting (play), exercising and socialising groups of no more than 4 dogs at a time, at various dog friendly parks and beaches. Ensuring walks are fun and interesting and always ensuring safe handling and care of the dogs and people (public) at all times.
- Demonstrate professionalism and a high level of communication when dealing with clients and staff.
- Facilitate and attend client consults.
- Attend home pet visits (dogs & cats) and perform duties as required for this service offering.
- Be available to pet/house sit at client's home on occasion.
- Have general basic dog obedience skills using positive reinforcement.
- Eagerly go the extra mile on occasions for our clients and their pet(s).
- Ensure all daily administrative duties are up-to date and accurate i.e. scheduling system
- Participate in promotional activities and events as required.
- Have experience administering basic animal first aid and medication.
- Have essential dog/cat grooming skills.
- Adhere to our daily Operations Manual processes.
Skills & Experience
Essentials to be successful for this role:
- It's essential you have had a minimum of 1+ years professional animal handling and dog walking experience.
- You have graduated or currently studying in a recognised certification in Animal Studies, Dog Training, Veterinarian Health or related study.
- You will live in or be located close to Inner West, Sydney as it is essential to be familiar with the area(s) you are servicing and reduce driving time.
- A valid NSW drivers' licence and access to a pet friendly vehicle
- Provide us with an updated National Police Check certificate
A competitive remuneration package is on offer, you will also be supplied with everything needed for a safe and happy work environment. If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below and explain in your cover letter why you would be the Pawfect Candidate - don't forget to submit your Resume.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.